Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Urologist Update

Well, I had the talk with my urologist yesterday and he seemed quite knowledgeable regarding transgender.  Makes me wonder if he has trans patients.  He asked some pertinent questions, who was my endo, had I thought about any surgeons yet, etc.  I told him who my endo is and told him I was thinking about McGinn in Pennsylvania or Marci Bowers in California.  So the final result of the appointment is, with a letter from my therapist, he will do the orchiectomy.  Plus since he's treating me for orchalgia (pain) on the left side and because of the 10X greater risk for cancer right side due to undescended testicle that has reascended, he will use these as the diagnosis for removal so Medicare and my insurance will pay for it.

When he was asking me the questions he was sitting sort of behind me at the computer.  My wife said as we were driving home he seemed impressed that I was answering the questions quickly and knew what I was talking about.  I kind of laughed and asked her how many friends we've had that transitioned.  I said she could have answered his questions instead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment