Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Most Beautiful Gift Of All Was Just A Word

Normally my wife and I give each other little ideas about what we want for Christmas.  I had mentioned something that after my therapy and HRT referral became sort of a moot point.  My wife and I were sitting in the den talking and she was explaining her thought process.  My wife said, "So I was thinking what else would she want or need."  She!  That's the first time my wife has used a feminine pronoun in referring to me. When she said that, I jumped up and gave her a hug and a kiss before walking out in the hall to wipe off my tears.  It was just a word.  But it was the most beautiful Christmas gift of all. 

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful relationship and I can not wait to follow along.

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me cry. Just like I did when my new sister, Ava, referred to me as "she," the first time another person ever had. This was less than a week ago. This is beautiful, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete