Sunday, April 3, 2016

New Appointment

I have a new appointment with another endocrinologist for evaluation for HRT.  This doctor literally wrote the book.  I mean he literally co-wrote the book Endocrine Therapy for Transsexual Persons.  Hopefully he won't be as conservative as the previous doctor.  A friend of mine who is a nurse and a former patient of that doctor said she's cutting back getting ready to retire and cherry picking easy to manage patients.

On another note, I will be getting rid of testosterone for good.  My appointment with my urologist the other day, he has decided my orchalgia (pain in the left testicle) plus the extremely high cancer risk for my right testicle warrants an orchiectomy.  He does also have a letter from my therapist recommending the orchi.  I also told him at the appointment I had been in touch with a surgeon's office regarding future possibility of GRS.  I explained they recommended a horizontal incision and he thought for a few seconds then said he could understand  that to save the centerline.  The other thing I told him was the doctors office recommended he call them and he surprised me by agreeing.  He gave me his e-mail address to forward what the doctors office sent me.  I said after my first visit with him I really wasn't impressed but I did go back for a second visit and I'm glad I did.  I've been more and more impressed with him and his concern each visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment