Friday, July 29, 2016

What A Birthday Present!

My birthday was Thursday, 7/28.  I got a lot of wonderful gifts from my wife, a couple of nice tops and some beautiful skirts along with three very nice rings.  But the most wonderful gift was totally unexpected.  I would NEVER in my life have thought I would hear a woman stand in front of the Democratic National Convention, or any political convention for that matter, and proclaim, "I am a proud transgender American!"  I've had some great birthdays in the past but listening to Sarah McBride speak to the DNC made Thursday the greatest birthday of my life!  Maybe the first birthday after GRS will match this but nothing will ever top it.

On another note, there were twenty-eight trans delegates at the DNC and none that I know of at the RNC.  There were even only 18 African American delegates at the RNC.  So if diversity is important to you, then you know where to find it.  I'm proud to say I've personally known one of the delegates 19 years, another 18 years.  A third is a Facebook friend at her request.  So I knew about 10 percent of the trans delegates.  I feel I'm getting back into the community and maybe in a year I will be back where I was.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete